Tuesday, June 23, 2009

How time flies...

Well I can't believe that tomorrow it will be three years! I remember so well my mother telling me" Debbie you can date anyone but John Wiltbank." So that very next weekend I set out to find this boy. Now it really wasn't very hard because I worked in the office with his mom. Some of you know this story already, we meet at a school dance and then it all began. He became my best friend. He made many many friends and he never new a stranger they all became his friend. He was known as a gentle giant. I never ever thought that my life would take the turn that it has. He touched so many people. My mother and dad loved John like their own son. Never did they say anything about him when we started dating. It was as if he was always there.I have thought about him alot this whole month. On June 6Th we would of had 39 years together.When I look at each of my beautiful children I see some of their dad in them. And now looking at my grandchildren I see him also. What a wonderful impact he has made on so many people and if you would of told him he would have said " oh their just a bunch of Knot Heads". I have really missed that big gentle giant.He taught me so many things,and sometimes I learned right along with the kids.He had a spirit about him that was so special. He taught me about Our Savior, and I knew that I wanted to have a family forever. He never complained about being sick. He would tell me "If people ask How's john just tell them"He is still making tracks." Well I know that he is still making tracks and he made tracks on all of our hearts.Heavenly Father has made it so life still goes on but memories last forever a family is forever and that will never change.It's not suppose to be easy.But I hope that we can all remember that special Big John and the unconditional LOVE he had for each one of us and his love for his savior and his fellowman. I will always love him...

8 Comments:

Blogger Randall Bunch said...

Well mom
Shelby and I are still up and Thanks for making us cry!! We do miss papa alot and we know that he has truely made tracks in our hearts that will always be there! Oh, I wish he were here to give a big hug to! I love you both and will be forever grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending me to such WONDERFUL parents. I love you! Let's try and smile all day tomorrow :o)

June 23, 2009 at 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The things he taught me and wonderful influence he was in my life. I will always remember him as "Big John". Love and miss you both.

June 24, 2009 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Debbie... These anniversary dates are sooooooo hard. And yet, they are opportunities to do just what you did; reflect on the ways our lives were touched and formed and even changed by one exceptional person. Take time today (well, every day) to celebrate the life you had together, and all those special memories!

June 24, 2009 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I miss that softness he possessed. I always felt so loved and accepted around him. All my memories of youth include you and him. Love you.

June 24, 2009 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Dorlene said...

Dang it Debbie - made me cry. I know too well how those certain days stick out forever. I hope you have a good day. Remember we remember John, too.

June 24, 2009 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

what a great tribute Debbie. You are really great and we really loved him too. He is up there building your mansion in the sky... it must be so big, they called him up early to finish the detailing.

love you!!!

June 25, 2009 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Randall Bunch said...

Dear Grandma-
I love you and I want to tell you thank you for helping me to remember papa john. I wished he was here right now. He truely has left tracks in my heart too! I love and miss him lots.
Love Conner

June 26, 2009 at 8:55 PM  
Blogger The Wiltbank Bunch said...

Sorry I'm just now reading this but my heart will never be the same because of the things dad taught me in the short time I knew him! What a blessing I count it to be a Wiltbank and to still have you in my life. I can't wait to see Dad again and be a part of that family chain forever.

June 28, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home