Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11th

Where were you when the world stopped turning? As I set here and realized today it was September 11 many thoughts came into my mind. Eight years ago today a Family was waiting for a return missionary. Aunt's and Uncles, brother's and sister's nieces and nephews Grandpa and Grandma and a very proud set of parents. When at 6:00a.m. we received a call from Jonna that Elder Wiltbank would not be coming home today. As we turned on the T.V. our hearts sank with unbelief. Was this the end? How would he get home? How many lives have been lost? How would we go on as a nation? America the Beautiful,Home of the free...We never turned off the t.v. that day. WE waited to receive news that our missionary who was serving in New Jersey was safe and well and would be home in ten days. So many never got to return home to their loved one's.To be able to tell them everyday how much they love them.I am thankful I am able to tell Michael that I Love HIM. That the Lord took care of our missionaries that day. That again as a Family we were BLESSED. Stop today and look around you and be thankful for all that you have.. For I have each one of you who I am so thankful for and who I Love very much. Say a little pray for all the Families who lost a loved one eight years ago today. Love mom

3 Comments:

Blogger Randall Bunch said...

I too am thankful for the blessing we receive everyday. I will never forget that day that we all anticipated the return of our little missionary brother. It was so fun to have the kids marching up and down the sidewalk with signs in hand waiting for uncle michael. They all looked like protesters:0) We all need to take moments like today and remember the little things in life. I am thankful for my family and the gospel that helps me get through the trials and hard days. I love you all!
Becky

September 11, 2009 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

That was beautiful. Thanks for sharing it. It was the single most life changing event in most peoples lives of our generation. This is the closest that most of us have come to feeling war. I wish everyone could go back to that day and feel it all over again so they can appreciate what they have today. I am grateful for you. I can't remember a time in my childhood that you weren't there. You are synonymous with my life. I love you.

September 11, 2009 at 5:07 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

What a beautiful post Debbie!

How is your recovery going? You have been in my prayers :)

September 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home