Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Today and Tomorrow

Today is Johns birthday. He would have been 62.WOW that seems strange. We had been together 38 years. He was my best friend.He knew all my secrets and I new his. I had many fun times with John. We made many memories together. And I will hold them close to my heart.We have five beautiful children and with those beautiful children memories were made. John was known to many as Big John,but his best name was Dad and Papa. He loved his children but those grand kids were his life. He was the best babysitter !!I hope we will always be able to tell the grand kids about their Papa.The love he had for each one of them and for each one of you.. I will love you
forever and ever John and I can't wait to see you again.....


Tomorrow September 16 my last baby was born. Sorry Michael but you will always be my baby!!! The truth is I only wanted four kids.After Kara died I was happy just having Jonna and Becky, but John wanted one more so along came Tyson... I was done!John had his boy and I had my girls! GOOD right? Wrong!!! John keep saying "There is one more boy for us"OK I said and then came Michael.We were so happy to have another little boy. He was so fun and made those years go by so fast.Happy Birthday Michael!!! Thank you for being there for me and for being such a wonderful son and person. I Love you Son.
Love Mom


p.s. Randall sent this to me:

My young grandson called the other day to wish me a Happy Birthday.He asked how old I was,and I told him 62.My grandson was quiet for a moment,and then he asked "did you start at 1?" lol

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Big John is sorely missed by everyone. I can't think of a single person that wasn't touched by him. I love you Aunt Debbie.

September 15, 2009 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Dorlene said...

Debbie - have a sweet thoughtful day or two. I know your feelings and John was truly a gentleman. I often wonder why...do the gentle people go? They fill our lives with so much and then they go. I guess there is a greater need for them on the other side. Love you and hope all is well.

September 16, 2009 at 8:00 AM  
Blogger momoffive said...

Mom~As I think about Dad this week one of the many things I remember is his love for everyone. If we were sad, happy, lonely or in trouble he always held out his arms for us and enveloped us in with one of his bear hugs. I just think of the Savior taking us in his arms in any situation and loving us unconditionally. Dad had that same love! I ache for those hugs.
I love you
Jonna

September 16, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home