Friday, October 30, 2009

Grandma Elda

I have been putting of blogging and today my blog consultation said she had a bone to pick with me for not updating so here goes.
As alot of you may know Grandma Elda had a fall and broke her femur bone. They flew her to mesa where she is waiting to have surgery. My mind and heart has been so flooded with so many wonderful memories and years with her as she taught me so many things.
I meet her when I was in high school and she was the head secretary. I worked with her my junior and senior year. This was also when I first meet John. After we were married and my parents moved out of Springerville she became my MOM. She taught me so many things. She taught me to can,make bread from scratch,and to quilt.We had many long nights talking and she was always there for me. Elda and Gus were dating the same time John and I were and so it was pretty fun. Sometimes John would beat her home!!! After Grandpa Gus passed away she was so lonely and started going to the single stuff in Mesa.
She never liked to be alone.I have missed her so much and worry about her. She is a special person and when she married Grandpa Wallace they were so in love and had a great life together. I just hope and pray that she will be able to recover from this.
It has been cold here today so I stayed home and made Tyson's Pumpkin cookies and Banana muffins. Hope everyone has a safe weekend... Love to all MOM

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

She is in my thoughts and prayers as you are too. Love you.

October 30, 2009 at 9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers and warm memories are about her. She is very special to me. She sure kept me out of alot of trouble by telling my mom where she saw me and stopping something from happening before it did. Pass on my love.

October 31, 2009 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Dorlene said...

So sorry to hear about Elda. I, too, had the privilege of working with her both in High School and then before she retired. She truly is a special lady. Love to you.

October 31, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home